Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 – Fixed
Microsoft Outlook is a desktop-based email application that is basically used by people personally and professionally to send and receives emails. As problems and errors are part of our life and when it appears to Microsoft Outlook, this saying becomes absolutely true. It is essentially an email client that has got various characteristics that make it famous among users like it sends and receives emails also manages data items like calendars, contacts, events, and journals
this happens quite often that with its positive side, there is a negative side also and that is which keeps on coming while using Outlook. In Outlook this happens quite often that at one time your MS Outlook is running accurately but the next moment it starts giving you an error, for example, error 0x800ccc1a. While such type of error befalls those whose know-how we don’t know, then the actual problem starts. Therefore, in this article, we are going to discuss how to overcome Outlook error code 0x800ccc1a without any trouble.
The outlook send receive error 0x800ccc1a occurs in MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, and below versions when this type of message is shown:
An unknown error has occurred. Please save the existing work and restart program. (Account: ‘XYZ ‘, POP3 Server: ‘XYZ ‘. ‘XYZ ‘. ‘XYZ ‘), Error Number: 0x800ccc1a”
When & Why Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a Occurs?
The code is used by vendors in hexadecimal format as 0x800ccc1a. This error is generated when the user tries to connect to the mail server through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and it is not capable to stabilize the connection. It is because of the fact that SSL encryption is disabled in Outlook for the email account.
In much more uncomplicated words, we can say that Outlook receiving error 0x800ccc1a or Outlook send receive error occurs when a user tries to send or receive emails. As Outlook has two servers for sending and receiving emails, therefore if the email client application is unable to contact one server then the user will receive an error due to incorrect settings.
Reasons for the Outlook error code 0x800ccc1a in Microsoft Outlook
The major reason for Error 0x800ccc1a Outlook 2016 is as follow:
- Improper Installation: Due to improper installation of Microsoft Outlook can result in the showing of error.
- Virus Attack: A virus attack or malware attack can result in the Outlook message error.
- SSL: The wrong port number for the incoming and outgoing server can result in the error
- Improper shutdown: If you Improperly shut-down the system, the next time when you try to start Outlook it will result in the showing of error 0x800ccc1a Outlook 2007.
Symptoms/Outcomes of Outlook Send Receive Error 0X800CCC1A
- Your desktop frequently crashes with the error while running the same program
- When the error occurs and it crashes the window.
- Windows responds slowly and takes more time to respond to mouse and keyboard input.
- The desktop system hangs regularly for a few seconds.
- MS Outlook error is visible in the dialog box all the time.
Manual Free Methods to Fix Error 0x800ccc1a in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and below versions
Below are the following methods to fix error in Microsoft Outlook:
Method 1: Reconfiguration of MS Outlook
For MS Outlook 2007
- In the first step Start your Microsoft Outlook.
- After that go to Tools and Open Account Settings.
- Now choose the Email and click on Change in the Email Account Window.
- Following hit on More Settings.
- Now click on Advanced Tab in the internet email setting window and uncheck the server requires an encrypted connection.
- Next, click on OK, followed by Next, and then Finish.
- After that click Close and restart Outlook.
In the case of Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016
- Go to MS Outlook application and open it.
- Now click on File followed by select Info.
- After that Move to Account Settings.
- Now in the Email Accounts Windows, select the email and click on Change.
- Hit on More Settings.
- In the Internet Email Setting Window, click on Advanced Tab and uncheck this server requires an encrypted connection.
- Next Click on OK followed by Next and then Finish.
- Now click Close and try to restart Outlook.
Method 2: Use Windows System File Checker
- From Start menu and type Command in the search box.
- Press CTRL and Shift Together and click the Enter button.
- Hit Yes, after the dialog box will appear.
- After that type Scannow in the black window and click Enter.
- All the present errors will be scanned by the system file checker.
Method 3: Repair Outlook PST File using MS Outlook Inbox Repair Tool
- Navigate to File Explorer & open it. Now go to path: \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12 folder.
- Now, click on scanpst.exe and browse to select the corrupted .pst file.
- Next, hit on Start to repair the file.
- After that click on Repair to repair any error found.
- After the repair process is complete, it will be shown.
Method 4: Use PST Repair Software
If from the above methods none of them works, you can use a PST repair tool such as LMbyte Outlook PST Repair Software. The application is capable to repair harshly corrupt PST files and restores mailbox data with 100% integrity and precision. It can easily export the recovered data in multiple file formats, including PST, MSG, EML, CSV, HTML, MBOX, PDF, etc.
Outlook is a web-based email application that is used by people these days. Many times, while using Outlook people face error 0x800ccc1a or outlook error 0x800ccc0d. How to overcome this problem, the solution has been mentioned above. The reasons for such errors are also discussed in the article. To overcome this problem three manual methods are discussed in detail. If the manual method does not work properly users can go for the Outlook PST Repair tool also. It is totally up to the user to choose which solution to go for.