Have you lost or forgotten your complex password of PST file? Searching for a solution to remove password from PST file? Here in this blog, we are going to discuss and share some sure-shot solutions to remove password from Outlook PST file without losing your crucial data.
Before proceeding further, it is essential to know the version of MS Outlook you are working or dealing with as there are some changes in the steps for removing password protected Outlook PST files later than 2003 versions.
Therefore, to remove password from a PST file created in lower versions (prior to Outlook 2003) of MS Outlook, you should follow below steps:
How to Remove Password from Outlook PST File Using pst19upg.exe?
The pst19upg.exe is an in-built free Outlook utility that help users to break or remove Outlook PST file password.
- Close MS Outlook and make a copy of PST file you wish to work with for backup purpose.
- Locate Scanpst.exe file and run it on your selected file
- Press Ctrl+R to open Command Prompt and browse the path of the PST file in the Command prompt.
- Now a PST file gets created with a name “filename.psx”.
- Now, you can rename the original PST file with the old PST file name or with different name.
- Here, you need to type pst19upg.exe in the Command Prompt followed by the file name and hit Enter.
- Finally, you get your password free PST file.
Though, as discussed above, if you’re working on Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, or Outlook 2016, you have to perform different steps to remove password from PST file. Below steps are recommended for Outlook 2010 version:
- Open MS Outlook
- Under File tab, click on Info>Account Settings.
- On Account Settings window, click on Data File and select the path of the Outlook PST file and click on Settings.
- Once you click on Settings, Outlook Data File window will appear. Now click on change password button.
- Now choose the password as you wish and click on OK button to finish the process.
Take Professional Help to Remove Password from PST File
If you’re still unable to remove password from MS Outlook PST files, here I would like to recommend you to try third-party LMbyte Outlook PST Repair tool to remove your complex or highly encrypted password from your PST file. The software is designed with highly advanced algorithms to recover, remove or set new passwords to the PST file if required.
In this blog, we have explained both manual and professional approaches to remove password from PST file. I hope any of the above method will surely help you to get rid of such issue.