Learn Free Method to Open EDB File without Exchange Server
The unknown file formats might lead us to various problems. However, detecting the causes of problems with EDB files and accessing them without Exchange Server is not necessarily a complicated procedure. In this article, we will discuss what is an EDB file and will describe some simple methods that will allow you to open EDB files outside Exchange and fix how to open EDB file without Exchange Server issue with ease.
Before that, let’s get a quick idea about EDB files…
So, what is an EDB file? Well, an EDB file is the primary repository for the Exchange Server database, designed on the single client-server architecture. These files are used as primary storage for the data generated by email from the Exchange mailbox. Besides, EDB files contains a database, including non-SMTP messages, contacts, calendars, tasks, logs, notes, etc.
How to Open EDB File without Exchange Server?
In order to open.edb file, there are two different solutions available, one is to open it manually and the other to open it automatically using a professional solution. In this section, we will discuss both of the solutions to fix how to open EDB file and you can pick any method of your choice to open EDB files outside Exchange:
#Method 1: Open .edb File Using Microsoft ExMerge.exe Utility
Disclaimer: If your Exchange Server mailboxes are more than 2GB in size or if the EDB you are trying to view gets corrupted, then this solution will not work for you. In this case, jump to Method 2 directly to open.edb file.
ExMerge.exe is a free utility developed by Microsoft that enables Exchange Admins to extract Exchange Server mailboxes and merge these mailboxes with another Exchange Server. This tool allows users to connect to Microsoft Exchange Server mailboxes and extract them into PST (Personal Folders File) format. The application generates individual PST files for each mailbox indicated in the configuration.
Follow the steps below to open.edb file:
- Open any web browser on your system and search for ExMerge.exe.
- Download the utility and install the setup
- Hit a click on OK button to extract to resolve how to open EDB files issue
- Select Extract data from an Exchange Server Mailbox option and click Next
- Click on the Import Procedure menu and select Archive data to target store. Click OK
- Choose the Message Details option, enter the essential details and click OK
- Select the desired Exchange mailbox to export and click Next
- Browse a destination location and the mailbox export process will begin right after this. Click Finish
Now, all your Exchange mailboxes (EDB files) are downloaded in PST file format and you can access them easily with Microsoft Outlook application. How to open EDB files issue fixed.
#Method 2: Open .edb File Using an Expert Solution
LMbyte EDB to PST Converter is one of the most trusted and powerful solutions to open EDB files outside Exchange. The software works smartly to convert Exchange EDB files into PST file format and provides several customization options to make this conversion even simpler for the end-users. Moreover, the software can be downloaded and installed on all the available versions of Windows OS X including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and below. Following are the steps to open.edb file:
- Download and launch LMbyte EDB to PST Converter on your computer
- Browse and add the Exchange EDB file you have in the software
- Preview EDB file emails along with all the integrated attachments
- Now, select all the EDB file emails and other items you want to export
- Choose Outlook PST as the export option and hit the Export button
All the Exchange EDB file items will start converting into PST file format
Once done with the EDB to PST conversion, follow the steps below to fix how to open edb files:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook and click on the File menu
- Select Open&Export and click on Import/Export to open.edb file
- From Import and Export Wizard, choose Import from another program or file option. Click Next
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) as the import option and click Next
- Navigate and browse the .pst file that you have converted above to import it into Outlook. From Under Options, select the appropriate option according to how you want to deal with emails and contacts.
- Then, click Next to open EDB files outside Exchange
- Select the desired folder in which you want to import the converted PST and click on Finish
Once the PST import process gets done, you can open .edb file content easily without Exchange Server. Or you can also use a free EDB Viewer tool to view or open your EDB files just in a matter of minutes.
Wasn’t that easy?
How to open EDB file is one of the most searched queries on the Internet today. Moreover, the solutions available to open .edb file are also not secure or some does not work well simply. This is why we have come up with this technical guide. Here we have disclosed two simple solutions to open EDB files outside Exchange. The solutions given here are easy and can be implemented simply by non-technical users as well without any technical assistance.