How to Fix IMAP Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e in 2016, 2013, 2010
MS Outlook is a widely used email service provider that provides functionality to send and receive email messages, attachments, contacts, calendars, etc. However, sometimes it is unable to authenticate your email account and shows Outlook 0x800ccc0e error to the user.
It is often to receive error 0x800ccc0e Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 while you are trying to configure your email account to send the emails. The Outlook email server authenticates your email account first when you try to send a message. If the outgoing email server rejects the authentication of the email account then it prompts Outlook send receive error 0x800ccc0e. Here we will discuss reliable solutions to fix error 0x800ccc0e Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010.
Reasons Behind Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e Cannot Connect to Server
When there is an issue with the MS Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Mail then Outlook 0x800ccc0e error occurs. Some common reasons for the error message are mentioned below –
- Issue with Internet Connection.
- Conflict between the SMTP servers while using an email application.
- When a user tries to send email messages during the account configuration.
- Change in Port number.
Also Read: How to Fix Outlook Error 0x80070021 – Top 4 Ways
How to Fix Outlook 0x800ccc0e Error?
Method 1: Change SMTP Port Number
The error 0x800ccc0e Outlook can occur due to a mismatch of the outgoing server SMTP port. You need to make the outgoing server port number either 25 or 587. To do so, follow the given steps –
- Launch Outlook program.
- Go to the Tools section in the menu bar.
- Click on the Account settings.
- Go to the email tab and then click on the email account.
- In the next window, click on more settings.
- Now go to the Advance tab in the menu bar.
- In the Outgoing server, enter 587 port number.
Once you have changed the SMTP port number, try to send email again. If you are not getting error 0x800ccc0e outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 then the issue is resolved. If not then try the next method.
Method 2: Operate MS Outlook in Safe Mode
You can follow the below mentioned steps to run Outlook in the safe mode.
- Press Win+R keys on your keyboard.
- Enter Outlook/Safe in the run command.
- Go to the filemenu > Options >Add-ins > Go button beside Manage:Com-in Add
- Check if there are Add-ins. Clear the checkbox.
- Restart the office program.
- Disable each of the Add-in at once and restart the Outlook application. You need to repeat the above process, if the error reappears, it will help to know which Add-in is causing the issue.
Method 3: Check For the Internet Connection
Users first need to check the internet connectivity, sometimes Outlook 0x800ccc0e error occurs due to the bad internet connection. So, a stable and secure connection is must to fix the error.
Method 4: Remove Suspicious Emails
Users need to eliminate suspicious and unwanted emails from their Outlook account. Emails with untrustworthy sources having attachments need to be removed immediately.
Method 5: Professional Solution to Fix Outlook IMAP Error 0x800ccc0e
If above methods are unable to resolve the issue then you can try any professional automated solution which will provide a quick solution to fix the error. One of the reasons for the Outlook 2016 error 0x800ccc0e is the corruption in the Outlook data files. You can use the advanced LMbyte Outlook PST Repair tool to recover the entire corrupt or inaccessible PST data and resolve the error issue. The utility also provides several amazing features that attract the users.
- Recovers the entire corrupted Outlook PST data and allows to move recovered files to EML, MSG, DBX, MBOX, HTML, etc.
- Supports 32-bit ANSI and 64-bit Unicode PST.
- Smooth user-friendly GUI.
- Recovers the entire Outlook items such as attachments, emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
- Supports the recovery of encrypted and password protected PST items.
- Search feature is available to find the specific emails.
- Provides preview option before recovery process.
Above we have discussed how to fix Outlook 0x800ccc0e error – cannot connect to server issue. We have provided some methods to resolve the issue. It is suggested to use the professional automated solution to resolve error 0x800ccc0e outlook 2013, 2010, 2016 if there is an issue with the corruption in the Outlook data.