How to Fix Outlook Error 0x80070021 – Top 4 Ways
“I do not take my Outlook account’s backup usually but today while I was taking Outlook.pst file’s backup I encountered an error 0x80070021, which clarify that some other application is using Outlook file. I’ve closed Panda Internet Security and ran the scanpst.exe repair tool. Although everything seems fine but error code 0x80070021 follows. Anyone knows what’s wrong why I’m getting Outlook error? Thank you in advance!”
Are you facing the same issue and searching an appropriate solution to fix Microsoft Outlook Error 0x80070021? If your answer is Yes, then you have landed on the right solution page. In this technical guide, we will discuss what is Outlook Error 0x80070021, reasons, and methods to resolve Outlook 2016 error 0x80070021.
So, let’s get started!
What is Outlook Error 0x80070021 and What Causes It?
Several Windows OS X users encounter error 0x80070021 while attempting to copy a file from one system location to another. However, in some cases users get Outlook error 0x80070021 while trying to host a WCF service in ASP.NET application. Moreover, this issue also comes often while managing Microsoft Outlook data proprietary files (PST and OST)
Once Outlook application displays Microsoft Outlook error 0x80070021, users become unable to send or receive emails and copy PST data files from one system location to another. And, the main cause of this error is corrupted PST, hardware or software failure, damaged / network device failure, malware infection, incorrect account configuration, and others.
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070021?
0x80070021 error in Outlook can be resolved with the help of two methods: first method is manual, which comprises some serious limitations and the other one is via an expert solution. So, pick any of the following methods as per your ease-of-use and fix this error:
Manual Methods – DIY Approach to Fix 0x80070021 Error in Outlook
There are a couple of manual methods available to resolve error 0x80070021. Try any of these:
a) Quit Application from Task Manager
- Open Task Manager in your system. Click on the Desktop taskbar and select Task Manager option or press Ctrl+Alt+Delete buttons simultaneously
- Choose Microsoft Outlook from the running applications list
- Hit a right-click on it and click on End Task to fix Outlook error 0x80070021
b) Using Restore Point
- To fix Outlook 2016 error 0x80070021, first log in to your system Admin panel
- Click on Start icon and click on All Programs >> Windows Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore
- Choose Restore my computer to an earlier time
- Click on Restore point and choose the latest system restore option. Click Next >> Next
- Once done with above steps, restart your system to and Outlook error code 0x80070021 will be disappeared
c) Via Eliminating the Indexing Tool
- Launch Microsoft Outlook and click on Tools >> Menu >> Trust Cenre
- Select the Add-Ins and there you will find a button that will redirect you to manage COM Add-Ins
- Now, just make sure COM Add-Ins option is selected from the drop-down box and click Go
- Select Search Email Indexer option and click on Remove >> OK
- Then, quit Microsoft Outlook application to fix this error
- After this, re-launch Outlook and take the backup of your Outlook and restart your computer to fix Outlook error code 0x80070021
Expert Solution to Fix Microsoft Outlook Error
LMbyte PST Repair Tool is an ultimate solution to resolve error 0x80070021. As discussed above basically occurs when PST file gets severely damaged or corrupted. In such case, the software allows to repair normal or highly corrupted Outlook PST file and helps to get rid of Outlook 2016 error. You can use this tool on all the available versions of Windows OS X including Windows 10, 8, 7, and below to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x80070021.
Follow the guidelines mentioned here to fix error code 0x80070021:
- Launch PST Repair Tool and add the corrupted PST file into the software
- Right after scanning PST data file, all the recovered data will be displayed on your screen
- Select, customize, and repair recovered PST file items and all the recovered PST data will be restored in the selected system location
After this, you can import and access the recovered PST with your Outlook application and Outlook error 0x80070021 will get fixed.
Wrapping Things Up!
Encountering error code 0x80070021 in Microsoft Outlook while taking backup of PST file is very common and most of the users often encounter such errors. In this article, we have disclosed a few simple ways to get rid of this Outlook error. The solutions we have mentioned here to fix Outlook error 0x80070021 are 100% safe and can be implemented without any technical expertise.