How to Resolve Outlook Error 0x80040115
Do you ever experience Outlook error 0x80040115? It is quite an irritating error code among Outlook users. So, if users confront this error that means they are unable to receive or send an email via Microsoft Outlook. This error code usually occurs while using Outlook express. Go through this technical guide to know more about this error in Outlook and find the right solution to fix this Outlook 2010 error 0x80040115.
An Overview About Outlook Error 0x80040115
Outlook 0x80040115 error code is a very regular predicament encountered by users while sending or receiving emails through Outlook. During sending the mail, the process steps in the middle and you’ll get the error message which displays the below message:
Many users are facing this Outlook error. After encountering this error user becomes unable to send or receive emails in Outlook. But before fixing this error it is essential to know its causes. This issue normally occurs when Protocol SMTP and POP3 become the failure in server connection. In most instances, this error occurs when there is improper syncing of MS Outlook and exchange server, invalid username or password, abrupt shutdown of Outlook, or corruption in PST file.
Why Outlook Sending Error 0x80040115?
Some of the reasons are there behind corruption of PST files which create Outlook error code 0x80040115. Have a look at these factors responsible for the corruption of PST and avoid these circumstances in the future. Here we have explained the various issues related to the inaccessibility of Outlook and other such issues.
- Improper installation of Outlook application on Windows 7: An incomplete installation of Outlook is the major reason that can cause such problems. Most users have reported that they face this error because of the corrupted or incomplete installation.
- A problem with an internet connection: In many situations, the cause can be a weak or low internet connection. So, if this is the case, your internet connection must be verified and connected to a stable and strong connection.
- Oversized PST files: Usually notes, copies of events are stored in the PST file. But, in the course of time, some major to minor issues can be produced. Hence, this problem could be caused by an oversized PST file.
- Third-party add-ins: While you run any third-party program, it may conflict with Microsoft Outlook, resulting in Outlook sync error code 0x80040115.
SIGNS OF REPORTED ERROR 0X80040115
Below are the systems that imply the occurrence of 0x80040115 error.
- Hanging or Freezing of system from time to time
- Slow system performance
- Endless popping-up of error message “reported error 0x80040115”
Techniques to Troubleshoot Outlook error 0x80040115
Read all the methods described in the below section and apply them accordingly to get the best result possible.
Technique 1: Launch Outlook in Safe Mode
Seldom, users may find the Outlook 0x80040115 error due to the entrance of third-party add-ins. If there is a use of third-party include add-ins, then you need to go to MS Outlook in the experimental mood to verify if this settles the error or not. Execute the below steps:
- In the first step, press Windows Home key + R simultaneously to launch the Run dialog box. Then write “Outlook/safe” in the Run dialog box and click OK or hit the Enter key.
- Now, try to send an email and see if the error still appears or not. But if the error gets vanished, then you have to delete the Add-ins. Following, navigate to the “File” and click on the Options.
- After that choose the Add-ins that are located on the Outlook Options window. But you need to delete all the third-party add-ins from Outlook. Now hit on the Restart button to refresh your device as well as the Outlook application.
Technique 2: Adjust the Profile Settings
- Hit the Start menu and go to the Control Panel. Or press and hold the Windows logo key and the “S” key simultaneously to launch the Search panel.
- Next, under the Search field, write “Control Panel” and hit the Enter button. Then, select the topmost of the results.
- In the Control Panel wizard, change the View by to Large icons and then click the Mail option.
- Open the Mail Setup window, hit on the “Show Profiles” and select the profile, then tap on its Properties.
- Then, click the Email Account and hit the Change button. Select the More Settings under the Change Account Window.
- Thereafter open the Security section and then ensure that the “Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook” and “Microsoft Exchange” checkboxes are checked.
- Lastly, click the OK button to change the settings and then, verify whether the error gets eliminated from your device.
Method 3: Uninstall Antivirus Program
- Go to the Start menu and open Settings. Hit “System” in the Settings window.
- Next, move to the “Apps And Features” section which is located on the left pane.
- Pick the third-party antivirus program that you want to eliminate from your device.
- Then, click on the “Uninstall” button to remove it from your Windows-based device.
After the application gets eliminated, click the Restart button to refresh your device and Outlook application.
Method3: Use Inbox Repair Tool
Users can also make use of the Inbox Repair tool to abolish this issue. This is an inbuilt utility provided by Microsoft to resolve corruption in PST files. Simply follow the given below steps:
- Firstly, download the inbox repair tool (ScanPST.exe).
- After that, install the tool and click on the Scan button.
- Now, click on the Fix Errors button after completion of the scanning process.
- Soon, Restart your system.
- The Inbox repair utility might help to resolve this Outlook error. On the contrary, it also has some disadvantages due to which it fails to resolve PST file errors. If this utility fails, then you need to use a third-party tool to fix the PST file error of Outlook.
Expert Technique to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80040115
Using the above manual methods if you are unable to resolve this Outlook error then go for the expert solution to fix this error. As there is a possibility that the reason behind the error is corruption in Outlook PST files. So, you must repair these inaccessible and damaged PST files. For doing so, you’ll need an expert LMbyte Outlook PST Repair tool. The program helps the user to restore Outlook mailbox contents including emails, calendars, contacts, events, journals, etc. The tool is equipped with highly advanced algorithms that facilitate reliable and effective solutions to fix Outlook error 0x80040115.
Here why Outlook Sending Error 0x80040115 and how this happens has been discussed in more detail. Following, all manual measures have been mentioned to solve it, but there are some drawbacks to those manual approaches so to avoid that there is also a direct method explained in this blog. And a complete guide has been provided to fix Outlook Error 0x80040115 error. So just go through this article and employ the solutions that have been explained. I hope it helps you out.